Tuesday, October 20, 2009

past on page

So I was feeling pretty blah yesterday. With everything at work that happened last week, and the commissioner coming tomorrow, I'm basically a leper. Or invisible. Its a great feeling.

So to cheer myself up, I remembered that in college we all had a Xanga page. And even though I lived with my roommates, we all blogged about what was going on and commented on each other's pages. So cool. I read about a year's worth of them last night. Wow! I used to stay up so late. I used to go out so often. I used to really not study the way I should have. I had a lot of fun though.

Although there were some entries that included a guy named Paul. Apparently we talked on the phone a TON, and our friend's teased us. I know he was in the Army because I wrote something about him being in the field. Other than that, I have no clue who this person is. No recollection of being smitten with someone named Paul. Sad.

I also realized that I did have really great friends. I know I was very low on self-confidence at that point in my life, what with the not graduating-I'm-a-failure thing going on. But I really thought that some of those people were just being nice, not that they really liked me. Not that I want to go back and re-hash things, but it was a good discovery about myself to make.

It makes for very interesting reading, your past.

No comments:

Post a Comment