LOVE faculty meetings.
Like the one where we had SpEd training done in about 5 min.
Had the first good one today, although it was only good because I ate cake right before going. It was my dept chair's birthday.
But occasionally you get good information, so that's nice. That is what happened today. Since we've been in the paper and on the news so much lately, they thought they should update us. Looks like we will not close, although that is still up to the commissioner, of course. We are not on "The List" because of academics anymore, just for the cohort list. Which is our own data entry issues really. So the most likely thing for them to do with our school if we fall short with the cohort list this year is to turn us into a magnet school. There is a very slim chance of them restructuring (fire 75% of the staff and moves 50% of the students elsewhere). That's good news!
Our kids did it last year with their scores, so......they gotta do it this year.
There's only 6 new teachers this year, so.....my kids gotta do it this year.
The down side (you have to have one) is the commissioner won't decide until the scores are back.....this summer.
But for now, I have my job, I have my kids (anyone want to take them?), and my school is still standing. sigh.
Oh, quick side note- went to my old church this weekend while I was visiting and was talking to my old pastor....and he has been to my school! He works for [some foundation] and spoke to the kids here! He's still working on getting the PALs program started up here. How great is that? I thought so too.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment